POLICY FOR HANDLING CLINICIANS' COMPLAINTS
In this practice we take complaints very seriously indeed and try to ensure that all our clinicians are satisfied with their experience of our service. When clinicians complain, they are dealt with courteously and promptly so that the matter is resolved as quickly as possible. This procedure is based on these objectives.
Our aim is to react to complaints in the way in which we would want our complaint about a service to be handled. We learn from every mistake that we make and we respond to concerns in a caring and sensitive way.
- The person responsible for dealing with any complaint about the service provided is J Makdissi.
- If a clinician complains on the telephone we will listen to their complaint and offer to refer them to J Makdissi immediately. If J Makdissi is not available at the time, then a message will be sent to J Makdissi to make a contact ASAP.
- If the clinician complains in writing the letter will be passed on immediately to J Makdissi.
- We will acknowledge the complaint in writing and enclose a copy of this code of practice as soon as possible, normally within three working days. We will seek to investigate the complaint within ten working days of receipt to give an explanation of the circumstances which led to the complaint. If we are unable to investigate the complaint within ten working days, we will notify the clinician, giving reasons for the delay and a likely period within which the investigation will be completed.
- We will confirm the decision about the complaint in writing immediately after completing our investigation.
- Proper and comprehensive records are kept of any complaint received.
- If clinicians are not satisfied with the result of our procedure then a complaint may be made to General Dental Council.